Johns Hopkins University’s Centers for Civic Impact is committed to working with communities that are focused on ending legacies of structural, entrenched racism and oppression.
The Centers for Civic Impact seeks an Administrative Coordinator who will support the mission of the newly launched center for public innovation at Johns Hopkins University, under the supervision of the center’s Executive Director. On behalf of the Executive Director, the selected candidate will assist with and coordinate activities, provide support and assistance in the centers’ daily operations and with special projects on an as-needed basis. The Administrative Coordinator is the key contact/resource person for information related to the Executive Director’s schedule and will filter and prioritize communications and availability accordingly.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handles and screens all incoming telephone calls, mail, electronic and voice mail in an efficient and organized manner.
- Provides a conflict-free calendar of meetings and appointments for the Executive Director
- Plans and books travel itineraries (transportation, lodging, etc.) the Executive Director as needed.
- Processes expenses for the Executive Director.
- Manages room reservation requests/meeting room calendars for the center.
- Coordinates both internal and external meetings including preparing itineraries, booking travel for participants/visitors and ordering business meals.
- Coordinates briefing documents for the Executive Director.
- Prepares and distributes agendas, meeting minutes and reminders for meetings.
- Attends and records minutes of Center meetings. Composes agendas, documents, correspondence, and memos.
- Assists in maintaining organization of google drive and other core project management tools utilized by the Center.
- Uses various software applications to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports and presentations.
- Utilizes the Internet to search for information.
- Creates presentations and reports at the request of the Executive Director.
Office Management (10%)
- Assists the Executive Director with special event planning.
- Locates and compiles information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information.
- Operates a personal computer to access email, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Google Suite proficiency strongly preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully; pleasant phone and email manner.
- Must have good customer service skills, be highly organized and proactive.
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic team environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required.
- Ability to become proficient in University systems such as SAP.
- Sharp record keeping skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and handle additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to schedule multiple calendars, events and travel schedules.
- Ability to track and report on budgets, expenditures and process reimbursements in a timely manner.
Apply for the Administrative Coordinator position now.
Johns Hopkins University Centers for Civic Impact is hiring a Product Manager to support the development of strategy, communications, and vision for its newly launched Bloomberg Cities Network. The Product Manager will serve critical strategic functions on the team responsible for the development of the Network — determining how the website and its online communities are grown and clearly communicating its objectives and plans to a diverse set of stakeholders both inside and outside the University.
Our selected candidate must have a proven track record of keeping numerous, rapidly changing projects and people working toward a common organizational goal and be proficient in balancing the needs of multiple audiences. We are seeking a Product Manager with expert communication skills who is able to gather and solicit feedback with expertise in interpersonal relationships, active listening, and empathy.
The Product Manager is a strong collaborator who helps define the vision for the Network, sets goals, and drives meaningful impact. Our ideal candidate can quickly become a point of contact for the site, who will prioritize its continuously evolving demand, favoring simple solutions whenever they are available.
This position reports to the Director of Communications.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Collaboration & Coordination (40%)
- Collaborate and coordinate with a diverse group of stakeholders, including various Johns Hopkins centers, other university and NGO partners, and crucially, Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Engage closely and routinely with the internal technology team and external tech vendors to help determine the best technical implementation/design while balancing time-to-market needs
- Partner with cross-functional teams and external partners to design, build, launch, and market functionality, capabilities, and content
- Define and proactively monitor key performance metrics to support and inform product decisions and clearly communicate these to stakeholders
- Engage in active problem solving with the communications, technology, and monitoring teams to determine trends and root causes
- Collaborate with technical, knowledge management, analytical, editorial/communications, and administrative teams to ensure the timely and accurate development of the Bloomberg Cities Network and its materials
- Provide analysis and background which provides high-level decision makers of potential product tradeoff decisions taking into consideration business opportunities, user experience, press demands, level of effort for internal teams and vendors, and the complexity of these solutions
- Partner with organizations to promote the adoption of the Bloomberg Cities Network as a source of best practices and cutting edge research
Strategic Planning (30%)
- Manage a product roadmap that may include defining user personas and journeys maps, in an agile, iterative fashion
- Define product requirements that result in the successful execution of Network initiatives
- Support the scoping and definition of new editorial content, resources, visualizations, analysis, and other products based on user needs and the availability of reliable data, prevailing research, relevance to the public, and use cases
- Participate in planning sessions with website development, technical, and data science teams
- Identify opportunities to improve the product and manage KPIs
- Use A/B Testing, analytics, market research, usability studies, and competitive analysis to drive decision making
Other duties (10%)
- Understand the availability of data and research necessary to power editorial content and visualizations for the site
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Five years related experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications, business, or related field
- At least four years experience in product management, including oversite of complex network website with evolving online communities
- At least six years progressive management experience.
- Experience managing cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver high quality products
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strategic approach to problem resolution
- Ability to develop and communicate a sound plan
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to use data to back up recommendations and drive action
- Ability to be decisive in ambiguous situations
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative
- A creative, process-driven thinker
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and ability to perform a range of standard and technical assignments to meet time-critical tasks and resolve recurring problems
- Commitment to a collegial workplace
- Capacity to work independently in a results-oriented environment; being both flexible and detail-oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and abilities
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Level of Independent Decision Making: high level of independent decision making
Existing Staff (2)
- Senior Writer WT Content Manager
- Sr. Research Program Coordinator WT Bloomberg Cities Hub Program Coordinator
Apply for the Product Manager position now.